This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PING^2] [PATCH] Optional alternative base_expr in finding basis for CAND_REFs
- From: Yufeng Zhang <Yufeng dot Zhang at arm dot com>
- To: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Bill Schmidt <wschmidt at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 12:03:51 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PING^2] [PATCH] Optional alternative base_expr in finding basis for CAND_REFs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5277EA58 dot 5020303 at arm dot com> <1384189786 dot 8213 dot 28 dot camel at gnopaine> <5282ACE5 dot 8020304 at arm dot com> <1384365888 dot 8213 dot 65 dot camel at gnopaine> <5283D3B5 dot 1040300 at arm dot com> <1384373498 dot 8213 dot 76 dot camel at gnopaine> <1384376098 dot 8213 dot 94 dot camel at gnopaine> <52840A69 dot 1020308 at arm dot com> <528B4F42 dot 7080507 at arm dot com>
The patch was posted here:
On 11/19/13 11:45, Yufeng Zhang wrote:
Can I get an approval or some feedback from you about the patch?
On 11/13/13 23:25, Yufeng Zhang wrote:
On 11/13/13 20:54, Bill Schmidt wrote:
The second version of your original patch is ok with me with the
Thanks a lot for the review. I've attached an updated patch with the
suggested changes incorporated.
Everything else looks OK to me. Please ask Richard for final approval,
as I'm not a maintainer.
Hi Richard, would you be happy to OK the patch?
* gimple-ssa-strength-reduction.c: Include tree-affine.h.
(name_expansions): New static variable.
(get_alternative_base): New function.
(find_basis_for_candidate): For CAND_REF, optionally call
find_basis_for_base_expr with the returned value from
(record_potential_basis): Add new parameter 'base' of type 'tree';
add an assertion of non-NULL base; use base to set node->base_expr.
(alloc_cand_and_find_basis): Update; call record_potential_basis
for CAND_REF with the returned value from get_alternative_base.
(execute_strength_reduction): Call pointer_map_create for
alt_base_map; call free_affine_expand_cache with&name_expansions.
* gcc.dg/tree-ssa/slsr-41.c: New test.