This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++ Patch] PR 50436
- From: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- To: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 11:05:44 +0100
- Subject: Re: [C++ Patch] PR 50436
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <527A205E dot 7070106 at oracle dot com> <529103A4 dot 80709 at redhat dot com>
On 11/23/2013 08:36 PM, Jason Merrill wrote:
You are totally right. I discovered a couple of days later that I was
just papering over the real issue, the error messages were still
suboptimal with my patch, that was a bad sign. Thanks for your
suggestion, anyway, I'll see if I can make progress with it.
On 11/06/2013 05:56 AM, Paolo Carlini wrote:
in this bug, filed by Zack, we loop forever after error in
constant_value_1. Straightforward thing to do, detect and break out.
This doesn't handle mutual infinite recursion, such as the modified
testcase below. I think the right answer is to make sure that if we
hit an instantiation depth error during instantiation of the
initializer of a variable, we set DECL_INITIAL to error_mark_node.
Perhaps just checking errorcount is good enough.