This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch 1/3] Flatten gimple.h
- From: Andrew MacLeod <amacleod at redhat dot com>
- To: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 15:04:37 -0500
- Subject: Re: [patch 1/3] Flatten gimple.h
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <528E4DAD dot 6080409 at redhat dot com> <528E5E72 dot 2010708 at redhat dot com>
On 11/21/2013 02:26 PM, Jeff Law wrote:
stupid question perhaps, but aren't most header files a potential
plugin header? Why don't we just install them all...
On 11/21/13 11:15, Andrew MacLeod wrote:
We need to make sure the header files that are needed by plugins
appear in Makefile.in::PLUGIN_HEADERS so that they get installed in a
place where plugins can find them.
Is there anything in particular one needs to do for plugins? I thought I
saw a patch somewhere that changed something in the Makefile, but don't
know if that is actually required since I never did that for any of the
others. Any plugin which used gimple.h probably needs a few more
No one has complained yet, but in theory any .h I split up over the
past couple of months has the potential to be required... maintaining
that macro in Makefile.in seems kinda lame now that we don't maintain
the macros for building. I'm sure its rotted already.