This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH][1/3] Re-submission of Altera Nios II port, gcc parts
- From: Chung-Lin Tang <cltang at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, Bernd Schmidt <bernds at codesourcery dot com>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Sandra Loosemore <sandra at codesourcery dot com>, "Sidwell, Nathan" <Nathan_Sidwell at mentor dot com>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 21:18:55 +0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][1/3] Re-submission of Altera Nios II port, gcc parts
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <51E25932 dot 2060909 at codesourcery dot com> <525FF095 dot 5050207 at codesourcery dot com> <5287425C dot 6040207 at codesourcery dot com> <878uwknvmj dot fsf at talisman dot default> <528CE761 dot 3090509 at codesourcery dot com> <877gc28xs3 dot fsf at talisman dot default> <528D8EF6 dot 4050906 at codesourcery dot com> <528DB568 dot 3080200 at redhat dot com>
On 2013/11/21 03:25 PM, Richard Henderson wrote:
> On 11/21/2013 02:41 PM, Chung-Lin Tang wrote:
>> I'm not saying we tolerate "wrong" RTL form, but rather that, it should
>> be an issue of the RTL passes, not the backend. The backend should just
>> be as much as possible, a "machine description".
> Matching non-canonical rtl does nothing but slow down the compiler and cause
> confusion for the poor person that has to maintain the code later.
As I mentioned in the last mail, I will modify the constraints as
suggested for the *norsi3 and EQ/NE cmp patterns in the final patch.