This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] Modify -g1 to produce line tables
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>, Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 16:39:41 -0700
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Modify -g1 to produce line tables
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAHACq4pO37aZtdiBGzbCW6TYGCLdboU6SYfgVjHVcrOf+FQa2Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <CA+=Sn1k6ZXEyL9m2=i1o8Ke2wQXbbq-a=jYnJSWeXTHjcfcTkA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAHACq4rudyGZqDRn=07=+c48KOJ0oELjSoo+VRFe=sOFbGFsYg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 11/20/13 16:30, Cary Coutant wrote:
Here, finally, is that patch again, reworked to generate line tables
at -g1. I plan to commit this when Stage 1 reopens, but I'd like to
verify that earlier consensus. I also plan to commit this to the
google/main branch, and future merges will go more smoothly if what I
put in google/main matches what eventually goes into trunk.
Hmm, Stage 1 has been opened for a while now but I could not find
this patch has been committed yet. Is there any plans to include this
patch? It would be useful for Sanitizer and other uses.
Sorry, I never saw any feedback, positive or negative, on that, and it
kind of fell off my radar. I think it should still be ready to go in
-- Stage 1 is still open for another day, right? Let me rebase the
patch, kick off a bootstrap and regression tests, and I think I can be
ready to submit it if there are no objections.
Yea, you've still got another day. So definitely rebase and resubmit.
From a review standpoint, things got really bad. If you had something
get dropped, definitely ping it. As a whole, we're doing better now
than probably anytime this year, but as always we could do better.