This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Use MPFR for real.c decimal-string-to-binary conversions (PR 21718)
- From: Marc Glisse <marc dot glisse at inria dot fr>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 21:08:14 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: Use MPFR for real.c decimal-string-to-binary conversions (PR 21718)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1311192136190 dot 8742 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <CAFiYyc09cVvrDoTy0n9f6wBbFrtXB1s5be3EFCTeCwxGeJ8BpA at mail dot gmail dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1311201816531 dot 28804 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
- Reply-to: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
On Wed, 20 Nov 2013, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
This patch removes real_sqrt. (I rather hope that in general little
if any floating-point constant folding is happening on RTL - it
doesn't seem like the sort of thing for which RTL expansion should be
expected to introduce new folding opportunities, and if it does I'd
tend to think that indicates a deficiency in the GIMPLE optimizers.)
Bootstrapped with no regressions on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu. OK to
2013-11-20 Joseph Myers <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* real.c (real_sqrt): Remove function.
* real.h (real_sqrt): Remove prototype.
* simplify-rtx.c (simplify_const_unary_operation): Do not fold
SQRT using real_sqrt.
I think you can close PR 55950 with that one.