This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [wwwdocs] Broken links
- From: Tobias Burnus <burnus at net-b dot de>
- To: Philippe Baril Lecavalier <pbl dot ltx at gmail dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: gerald at pfeifer dot com, Patrick Marlier <patrick dot marlier at gmail dot com>
- Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 19:40:46 +0100
- Subject: Re: [wwwdocs] Broken links
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot LNX dot 2 dot 00 dot 1311192052400 dot 15744 at zardoz dot site> <528C6085 dot 9090905 at net-b dot de> <CAKQMxzTY9OoE7DR_NjCo23DHdc8-BvvgfF6+HZNavzpdsSqXEg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CABu4Xf5po3_aa=dbEV3c05kotSGdrK9X8xrqzOoTsT=-PWmmWw at mail dot gmail dot com>
Am 20.11.2013 16:45, schrieb Philippe Baril Lecavalier:
Embarrassing typos, my apologies. I was told to specify that I don't
have commit access, but since this mention is irrelevant, I modified
my suggested notice in about.html to reflect that. See attached.
Well, stating that one doesn't have commit access is useful. Thus with:
"<li> Mention the fact that you do not have commit access"
I was perfectly happy. I was mainly struggling with what followed those
"(why you do this)."
First, I don't quite understand the meaning of the second part.
Secondly, one meaning I can read into it is misleading. Just removing
the "(…)" would be fine with me
Anyway, I leave the wordsmithing to Gerald and you.