This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] aarch64 gcc.c-torture/execute/20101011-1.c failures
- From: Cesar Philippidis <cesar at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at arm dot com>, <law at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 07:29:22 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] aarch64 gcc.c-torture/execute/20101011-1.c failures
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <528A555E dot 4040607 at codesourcery dot com> <CA+=Sn1nf4=BK8nR-Gey1RTDGvOfh8Zx1jnZ1FA5QcHn62LvmWg at mail dot gmail dot com> <528A5621 dot 3050602 at codesourcery dot com> <CAFqB+Pxy2QtthNzSu74B+sbi=0w5fG8fwa_Pb+3NUHk1BUgyrg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 11/19/13, 1:37 AM, Marcus Shawcroft wrote:
> On 18 November 2013 18:02, Cesar Philippidis <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>>>> gcc.c-torture/execute/20101011-1.c test on aarch64. The reason why this
>>>> test fails is because aarch64 does not trap on integer division by zero.
>>>> Is this OK for trunk? If so, please commit it because I do not have an
>>>> svn account.
> This is OK.
> The comment Jeff highlighted is incorrect. AArch64 does not trap on
> integer division.
> To get integer trap on divide by zero behavior we would have to go the
> mips route and add -mdivide-traps to explicitly check and generate a
> brk #XXX instruction.
Can someone please commit it for me?