This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [x86,PATCH] Additional fix for 57756.
- From: Yuri Rumyantsev <ysrumyan at gmail dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>, Sriraman Tallam <tmsriram at google dot com>
- Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 17:45:57 +0400
- Subject: Re: [x86,PATCH] Additional fix for 57756.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAEoMCqSAkHGFa5xdZSb0XY7N7oFHU6T05rK2Nc+xn321n-NV=w at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAMe9rOrkqsm2aEP9XdUHAeekT_J9i__V6iJJe6_dNWhAhB9zGA at mail dot gmail dot com>
Resend modified ChangeLog:
2013-11-20 Yuri Rumyantsev <email@example.com>
* config/i386/i386.c (ix86_option_override_internal): Add missed
argument prefix for 'ix86_fpmath'.
* config/i386/ssemath.h: Add missed definition of
2013/11/19 H.J. Lu <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
> On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 5:31 AM, Yuri Rumyantsev <email@example.com> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>> We found out that compiler configured with '-fpmath=sse' option does
>> not generate scalar floating-point instructions present in the SSE
>> instruction set for generic32 that leads to performance degradation
>> for Fortran benchmarks using library functions in 32-bit mode.
>> This simple fix was designed to cure this issue - definition of
>> TARGET_FPMATH_DEFAULT_P macros was missed in i386/ssemath.h. Also one
>> missed fix was done.
>> Bootstrapping and regression testing were successful.
>> Is it OK for trunk
>> 2013-11-20 Yuri Rumyantsev <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>> * config/i386/i386.c (ix86_option_override_internal): Add missed
>> argument prefix for 'ix86_fpmath'.
>> * config/i386/ssemath.h: Add missed definition of
>> TARGET_FPMATH_DEFAULT_P macros.
> Please add "PR target/57756" in ChangeLog entry.