This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [x86,PATCH] Additional fix for 57756.
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Yuri Rumyantsev <ysrumyan at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>, Sriraman Tallam <tmsriram at google dot com>
- Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 05:37:46 -0800
- Subject: Re: [x86,PATCH] Additional fix for 57756.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAEoMCqSAkHGFa5xdZSb0XY7N7oFHU6T05rK2Nc+xn321n-NV=w at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 5:31 AM, Yuri Rumyantsev <email@example.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> We found out that compiler configured with '-fpmath=sse' option does
> not generate scalar floating-point instructions present in the SSE
> instruction set for generic32 that leads to performance degradation
> for Fortran benchmarks using library functions in 32-bit mode.
> This simple fix was designed to cure this issue - definition of
> TARGET_FPMATH_DEFAULT_P macros was missed in i386/ssemath.h. Also one
> missed fix was done.
> Bootstrapping and regression testing were successful.
> Is it OK for trunk
> 2013-11-20 Yuri Rumyantsev <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * config/i386/i386.c (ix86_option_override_internal): Add missed
> argument prefix for 'ix86_fpmath'.
> * config/i386/ssemath.h: Add missed definition of
> TARGET_FPMATH_DEFAULT_P macros.
Please add "PR target/57756" in ChangeLog entry.