This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] [PATCH, AARCH64] Machine descriptions to support stack smashing protection
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Venkataramanan Kumar <venkataramanan dot kumar at linaro dot org>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at arm dot com>, Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>, Patch Tracking <patch at linaro dot org>
- Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 12:06:56 +0100
- Subject: Re: [RFC] [PATCH, AARCH64] Machine descriptions to support stack smashing protection
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAJK_mQ0kCcmwPkkPqsLszGW7rBxcCG+1Vn5KE6JXKNYj2fajXQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 04:30:21PM +0530, Venkataramanan Kumar wrote:
> This is RFC patch that adds machine descriptions to support stack
> smashing protection in AArch64.
Most of the testsuite changes look wrong. The fact that aarch64
gets stack protector support doesn't mean all other targets do as well.
So please leave all the changes that remove native or stack_protector