This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] aarch64 gcc.c-torture/execute/20101011-1.c failures
- From: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- To: Cesar Philippidis <cesar at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at arm dot com>, law at redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 09:37:44 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] aarch64 gcc.c-torture/execute/20101011-1.c failures
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <528A555E dot 4040607 at codesourcery dot com> <CA+=Sn1nf4=BK8nR-Gey1RTDGvOfh8Zx1jnZ1FA5QcHn62LvmWg at mail dot gmail dot com> <528A5621 dot 3050602 at codesourcery dot com>
On 18 November 2013 18:02, Cesar Philippidis <email@example.com> wrote:
>>> gcc.c-torture/execute/20101011-1.c test on aarch64. The reason why this
>>> test fails is because aarch64 does not trap on integer division by zero.
>>> Is this OK for trunk? If so, please commit it because I do not have an
>>> svn account.
This is OK.
The comment Jeff highlighted is incorrect. AArch64 does not trap on
To get integer trap on divide by zero behavior we would have to go the
mips route and add -mdivide-traps to explicitly check and generate a
brk #XXX instruction.