This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH 1/6] Convert gimple types from a union to C++ inheritance
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: David Malcolm <dmalcolm at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Andrew MacLeod <amacleod at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 22:03:26 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/6] Convert gimple types from a union to C++ inheritance
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5271CBF9 dot 2070005 at redhat dot com> <1383236801-13234-1-git-send-email-dmalcolm at redhat dot com> <1383236801-13234-2-git-send-email-dmalcolm at redhat dot com> <528545D7 dot 3010608 at redhat dot com> <1384808415 dot 11568 dot 85 dot camel at surprise>
On 11/18/13 14:00, David Malcolm wrote:
Don't stress about it. If I find the reference, I'll pass it along
and/or just fix them myself :-)
@@ -269,10 +269,10 @@ ggc_alloc_cleared_tree_node_stat (size_t s MEM_STAT_DECL)
return (union tree_node *) ggc_internal_cleared_alloc_stat (s PASS_MEM_STAT);
-static inline union gimple_statement_d *
-ggc_alloc_cleared_gimple_statement_d_stat (size_t s MEM_STAT_DECL)
+static inline struct gimple_statement_base *
+ggc_alloc_cleared_gimple_statement_stat (size_t s MEM_STAT_DECL)
- return (union gimple_statement_d *)
+ return (struct gimple_statement_base *)
ggc_internal_cleared_alloc_stat (s PASS_MEM_STAT);
Didn't I see something in the last 48hrs indicating that we don't need
"static inline" anymore, just "inline"? If so, can you drop the static
here since you're changing it already.
I looked, but I'm not sure which change you're referring to; sorry.
Note that all 7 of the inline functions in ggc.h are "static inline",
not just this one; it feels like a separate change to be touching the
"static"ness of them IMHO.
Thanks. It's now been a few days. Patch 3 (the autogenerated one) has
bitrotted somewhat due to the reorganization of gimple.h, so I'm
rebootstrapping an updated version of it now; I've posted it for review
I'll give it another look shortly.