This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Enale -fno-fat-lto-objects by default
- From: Markus Trippelsdorf <markus at trippelsdorf dot de>
- To: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 19:43:31 +0100
- Subject: Re: Enale -fno-fat-lto-objects by default
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131118180458 dot GH11338 at kam dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
On 2013.11.18 at 19:04 +0100, Jan Hubicka wrote:
> this patch switches the default for fat-lto-objects as was documented for a while.
> -ffat-lto-objects doubles compilation time and often makes users to not notice that
> LTO was not used at all (because they forgot to use gcc-ar/gcc-nm plugins).
> Sadly I had to add -ffat-lto-objects to bootstrap. This is because I do not know
> how to convince our build machinery to use gcc-ar/gcc-nm during the stage2+
I've posted a minimal patch set for slim-lto-bootstrap last year, see:
If there's interest I could repost it.