This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Revert libsanitizer patches or fix 59009
- From: Peter Bergner <bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Kostya Serebryany <kcc at google dot com>, Michael Meissner <meissner at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, Evgeniy Stepanov <eugeni dot stepanov at gmail dot com>, Konstantin Serebryany <konstantin dot s dot serebryany at gmail dot com>, Jack Howarth <howarth at bromo dot med dot uc dot edu>, Alexander Potapenko <glider at google dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Dodji Seketeli <dodji at redhat dot com>, Dmitry Vyukov <dvyukov at google dot com>, dave dot anglin at bell dot net
- Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 08:16:47 -0600
- Subject: Re: Revert libsanitizer patches or fix 59009
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131112173725 dot GA24313 at ibm-tiger dot the-meissners dot org> <CAN=P9pgrW30Xnv0DsmkQNY72uyzwEQaWUAthaHYwuq3=Giz_Tw at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAN=P9pjSZcDNN3sP6fxJ4V553mQPQihpsuWiCpDLUrw=gszMGg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAN=P9pjkzWkV_rQmcde-DKS8dg8xUjt+pyCUe_8yGMeCrBeRqQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <20131112180403 dot GA30956 at ibm-tiger dot the-meissners dot org> <CAN=P9pgPY-QcGMbm6k25fGS24qcTLXbZX8px+09n-oeG6O5ZzQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <20131112185704 dot GY27813 at tucnak dot zalov dot cz> <CAN=P9pibOvxQyDZzQimGafSZEfemWXXdN=afWJWk17a30Vt-ig at mail dot gmail dot com> <20131112193015 dot GZ27813 at tucnak dot zalov dot cz> <20131112234704 dot GF27813 at tucnak dot zalov dot cz> <20131112234926 dot GG27813 at tucnak dot zalov dot cz> <1384363506 dot 5562 dot 7 dot camel at otta>
On Wed, 2013-11-13 at 11:25 -0600, Peter Bergner wrote:
> On Wed, 2013-11-13 at 00:49 +0100, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> > 2013-11-12 Jakub Jelinek <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > * sanitizer_common/sanitizer_platform_limits_linux.cc: Temporarily
> > ifdef out almost the whole source.
> > * sanitizer_common/sanitizer_common_syscalls.inc: Likewise.
> That helps, but as Pat reported in the bugzilla, it still is failing.
> With the following patch, we can now bootstrap on powerpc64-linux.
> Is this ok for trunk?
> Does this help the other architectures that are failing for the same
> build error?
Ok, Dave reported in PR59009 that my last patch still left a few build
problems on HPPA. Dave tested the patch below and confirmed this cleans
up the last of his HPPA build issues. I have confirmed on powerpc64-linux
that there are no libsanitizer testsuite regressions.
Is this ok for trunk?
I left out the mroute6.h change, as even without that being included,
I'm still seeing more related failures on SLES10/RHEL5 builds due to
struct ustat being multiply defined, so I thought we would leave that
change to be included with whatever else I need to get the build to
work on older systems.
* sanitizer_common/sanitizer_platform_limits_posix.cc: Temporarily
ifdef out more interceptor source to fix HPPA build.
--- libsanitizer/sanitizer_common/sanitizer_platform_limits_posix.cc (revision 204841)
+++ libsanitizer/sanitizer_common/sanitizer_platform_limits_posix.cc (working copy)
@@ -846,6 +846,7 @@ CHECK_TYPE_SIZE(nfds_t);
COMPILER_CHECK(sizeof(__sanitizer_sigaction) == sizeof(struct sigaction));
// Can't write checks for sa_handler and sa_sigaction due to them being
// preprocessor macros.
@@ -855,7 +856,6 @@ CHECK_STRUCT_SIZE_AND_OFFSET(sigaction,