This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix lto-profiledbootstrap [was: Merge cgraph_get_create_node and cgraph_get_create_real_symbol_node]
- From: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- To: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>, Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Martin Jambor <mjambor at suse dot cz>, Teresa Johnson <tejohnson at google dot com>
- Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 11:02:47 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix lto-profiledbootstrap [was: Merge cgraph_get_create_node and cgraph_get_create_real_symbol_node]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAFULd4YEmFCnxHYPQRGHCcHmsQb3G2Wae1bqnbPxDAFPUPYF7g at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAFULd4ajQw45c5SrHVvbebFfQoguPmJ8xpSGiB1MB48qAAZqLg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20131114234643 dot GC8223 at kam dot mff dot cuni dot cz> <CAFiYyc2Hti9vnRMXyHuzyRqToGazeZF0aPzCCpwm_cY-wETbkA at mail dot gmail dot com>
> On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 12:46 AM, Jan Hubicka <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> >> > 2013-11-14 Uros Bizjak <email@example.com>
> >> >
> >> > * lto-streamer-in.c (input function): Call cgraph_create_node if
> >> > cgraph_get_node failed.
> >> >
> >> > Tested with lto-profiledbootstrap on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, regression
> >> > tested also with -m32 .
> >> >
> >> > OK for mainline?
> > OK (though it is a bit ugly - but lto streaming is very much a special case),
> > thanks!
> Why would the cgraph node be not present when we input the body!?
> Isn't there a bug elsewhere??
> IMHO this just papers over an issue.
Hmm, right, I misread it to be lto-cgraph.c instead (where it would make sense,
since we may read nodes previously constructed earlier by decl sharing).
I will look into this. We should to have nodes present here.