This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix infinite recursion between store_fixed_bit_field/store_split_bit_field with STRICT_ALIGNMENT
- From: Julian Brown <julian at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 14:44:58 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix infinite recursion between store_fixed_bit_field/store_split_bit_field with STRICT_ALIGNMENT
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131113152145 dot 6066a109 at octopus> <CAFiYyc2djSVJ6wZ0prXCTJjDjZVPYH3r9V0bi4fB0ND0Doq9hg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20131114120839 dot 39c3fc18 at octopus> <CAFiYyc2pXyce6xo+k+FFrsRizo48WjcPa50W=WBsZiBwAHV7gg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Thu, 14 Nov 2013 14:04:53 +0100
Richard Biener <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 1:08 PM, Julian Brown
> <email@example.com> wrote:
> > So that leaves us with store_fixed_bit_field and
> > store_split_bit_field being unable to deal with accesses to packed
> > structures with non-BLKmode. I experimented earlier with a patch
> > which merely worked around the problem there (not thoroughly
> > tested!):
> Unfortunately I don't have time to think about this (and the other)
> issue thoroughly. I'll come back during stage3 I suppose. Maybe Eric
> has some ideas.
> Meanwhile please make sure to open a bugreport.
I created PR59134 for this.