This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Recent Go patch broke Alpha bootstrap
- From: Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 16:25:09 +0100
- Subject: Re: Recent Go patch broke Alpha bootstrap
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAFULd4bOF+khsusED1tU8-tbH56CiRFhB7WKr7=mzo-eCfFmPQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAKOQZ8xT_+tN4uoja-9jt2j_B-39g=zWHgcsXU4FgZJjGX9kcw at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAFULd4ZtoVp4QUQYTNvUfTfDBK8W7UU+FEU3wDWijRGqzC5LhQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAKOQZ8wkS1NvnnOMcmrh=1kzjM96b2+y3jAPSGD+gL139WDyvg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAFULd4ZqqtfOys+E-kH=fi-pfyZ4i20thxOvocMkaEM+hHrTfw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 8:52 AM, Uros Bizjak <email@example.com> wrote:
>>> panic: runtime error: invalid memory address or nil pointer dereference
>>> [signal 0xb code=0x1 addr=0x1c]
>>> FAIL: runtime/pprof
>>> gmake: *** [runtime/pprof/check] Error 1
>>> This one is new, I have to look into it a bit deeper.
>> I don't know what is happening here. I can't recreate it. There was
>> a different problem that could arise in runtime/pprof, that was fixed
>> by a patch I submitted on Saturday
>> (http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2013-11/msg01016.html). So it's
>> possible that this is fixed now.
> The failure is specific to !USING_SPLIT_STACK targets:
The same error triggered on CentOS 5.10 x86_64 (another
!USING_SPLIT_STACK target) for 32bit lib (net, runtime). The panic:
string is the same, only addr=0x9f. There are also a couple of
segfaults (database/sql, net/http) and abort in sync/atomic.