This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: [PATCH] Fix for PR bootstrap/58951
- From: "Iyer, Balaji V" <balaji dot v dot iyer at intel dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>, Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- Cc: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 23:14:15 +0000
- Subject: RE: [PATCH] Fix for PR bootstrap/58951
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <BF230D13CA30DD48930C31D4099330003A49AE24 at FMSMSX101 dot amr dot corp dot intel dot com> <alpine dot LNX dot 2 dot 00 dot 1311052334300 dot 2665 at tuna dot site> <alpine dot LNX dot 2 dot 00 dot 1311111850580 dot 1711 at tuna dot site> <BF230D13CA30DD48930C31D4099330003A49D9AA at FMSMSX101 dot amr dot corp dot intel dot com> <5281B136 dot 50403 at redhat dot com> <BF230D13CA30DD48930C31D4099330003A49D9DA at FMSMSX101 dot amr dot corp dot intel dot com> <alpine dot LNX dot 2 dot 00 dot 1311121014590 dot 1711 at tuna dot site> <CAMe9rOrkCk1v=neSyWFcPQCOMMj6OjVvM_7wROGRfo3Hy8mRvA at mail dot gmail dot com>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: H.J. Lu [mailto:email@example.com]
> Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 11:30 AM
> To: Gerald Pfeifer
> Cc: Iyer, Balaji V; Jeff Law; GCC Patches
> Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix for PR bootstrap/58951
> On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 7:16 AM, Gerald Pfeifer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > On Tue, 12 Nov 2013, Iyer, Balaji V wrote:
> >>> Are you linking with -nostdlib or something similar? IIRC those
> >>> routines are provided by libc on *bsd*. On other systems you may
> >>> need to link in libdl via -ldl.
> >> Yes, I am. In my system SUSE, I need to explicitly link it.
> >>> I'm sure there's autoconf bits to test whether or not -ldl should be
> >>> used for any given system.
> >> Ah Ok. I will dig into it tomorrow.
> > Thanks, appreciated! As a most simple approach, if others prove too
> > complex, you could start by not linking in -ldl if it does not exist.
> > I believe that'd be a strict improvement unbreaking several
> > non-GNU/Linux platforms by itself.
> > Gerald
> Please try this.
This worked for me and I checked it in. Gerald, please let me know if you still have issues.
Thanks for your help H. J.
-Balaji V. Iyer.