This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Revert libsanitizer patches or fix 59009
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Kostya Serebryany <kcc at google dot com>
- Cc: Michael Meissner <meissner at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, Evgeniy Stepanov <eugeni dot stepanov at gmail dot com>, Peter Bergner <bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com>, Konstantin Serebryany <konstantin dot s dot serebryany at gmail dot com>, Jack Howarth <howarth at bromo dot med dot uc dot edu>, Alexander Potapenko <glider at google dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Dodji Seketeli <dodji at redhat dot com>, Dmitry Vyukov <dvyukov at google dot com>, Bill Schmidt <wschmidt at zalov dot cz>
- Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 19:57:04 +0100
- Subject: Re: Revert libsanitizer patches or fix 59009
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131105184531 dot GR27813 at tucnak dot zalov dot cz> <CABMLtrjhKwfaCUFvQbB1K3_7VMYXm+vb_wqHX8eaV-=D3BPKgQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <20131106115318 dot GZ27813 at tucnak dot zalov dot cz> <CABMLtriEBy9NcsU=Xi63sjcwz5GYdU8su=j9COq9ywOf3BGt8g at mail dot gmail dot com> <20131112173725 dot GA24313 at ibm-tiger dot the-meissners dot org> <CAN=P9pgrW30Xnv0DsmkQNY72uyzwEQaWUAthaHYwuq3=Giz_Tw at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAN=P9pjSZcDNN3sP6fxJ4V553mQPQihpsuWiCpDLUrw=gszMGg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAN=P9pjkzWkV_rQmcde-DKS8dg8xUjt+pyCUe_8yGMeCrBeRqQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <20131112180403 dot GA30956 at ibm-tiger dot the-meissners dot org> <CAN=P9pgPY-QcGMbm6k25fGS24qcTLXbZX8px+09n-oeG6O5ZzQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 10:07:32AM -0800, Kostya Serebryany wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 10:04 AM, Michael Meissner
> <email@example.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 09:43:38AM -0800, Kostya Serebryany wrote:
> >> or, alternatively, we can disable libsanitizer on PowerPC if the
> >> PowerPC community does not care enough about it being healthy.
> > I think there should be a global --enable-libsanitizer or whatever option that
> > would allow people to enable it. It should only be default on x86_64 until
> > people are motivated to fix libsantizer on all instances of the platform.
> I don't mind that.
Perhaps I'm totally blind, but how exactly are the
sanitizer_common_syscalls.inc interceptors used (seems most of the portability
trouble is caused by that)? I see it defines tons of functions like
but I couldn't find anything actually referencing those symbols. Is that
just dead code for the time being?