This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] Fix PR ada/35998
- From: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 13:25:07 +0100
- Subject: Re: [patch] Fix PR ada/35998
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1953979 dot BppAL6HeZv at polaris>
On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 11:10 AM, Eric Botcazou <email@example.com> wrote:
> this is an old bug report from Jan, which was closed, then reopened by Tom at
> some point, but the patch never got reviewed. The original submission is at:
> Tested on x86_64-suse-linux, OK for the mainline?
Due to the different interfaces of int_size_in_bytes and
simple_type_size_in_bits (and 'size' in add_byte_size_attribute being
unsigned and not [unsigned] HWI) it would be cleaner to
add an early return after the call to int_size_in_bytes if its
return value is -1 (and make sure the return value doesn't
overflow an unsigned int - likewise for simple_type_size_in_bits,
not sure why that case doesn't use int_size_in_bytes as well ...)?
Can you apply some TLC here?
> 2013-11-11 Jan Kratochvil <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> PR ada/35998
> * dwarf2out.c (add_byte_size_attribute): Omit attribute for size -1.
> Eric Botcazou