This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFA: Fix PR middle-end/59049
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>, Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, Joern Rennecke <joern dot rennecke at embecosm dot com>
- Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 12:38:04 +0100
- Subject: Re: RFA: Fix PR middle-end/59049
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMqJFCqWDNTjmJ11p-LGE4vBPQ7gBSLWY3prXFNv7+QUoL_ipw at mail dot gmail dot com> <527D0B20 dot 5010505 at redhat dot com> <CAFiYyc2Oh-EQUpM9hYyvLU4Pu-+dHuqs-gAK79UZbXVtrdxJjA at mail dot gmail dot com> <2366514 dot 8L9lNL2G1l at polaris> <CAFiYyc1fWC9ET58TitMoNQObUioE_SFK7Y_if5d0YOqXFmLc-Q at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 12:26:09PM +0100, Richard Biener wrote:
> The question is whether you for example want to handle
> a_2 = 1 + 0;
> at RTL expansion time? I'd say it's better to have
I think we already handle that just fine, there are tons of various
simplify_gen_* calls during expansion, and we know there the mode etc.
Just Joern hit a place which wasn't prepared to handle it properly,
so either we handle it as you are suggesting by forcing one of the
constants into a register, or we simplify the comparison and if it
simplifies into a constant, we transform it to something simpler.