This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++ PATCH] Refactor implicit function template implementation and fix 58534, 58536, 58548, 58549 and 58637.
- From: Adam Butcher <adam at jessamine dot co dot uk>
- To: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Volker Reichelt <reichelt at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2013 13:21:34 +0000
- Subject: Re: [C++ PATCH] Refactor implicit function template implementation and fix 58534, 58536, 58548, 58549 and 58637.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1383212824-5493-1-git-send-email-adam at jessamine dot co dot uk> <1383212824-5493-2-git-send-email-adam at jessamine dot co dot uk> <527D328D dot 9010800 at redhat dot com>
On 2013-11-08 18:50, Jason Merrill wrote:
This is only in the 'fully implicit function template' case; and the
matching pop is in finish_fully_implicit_template. It was in the
original impl which was trying to do all the things that beginning and
ending an explicit template parameter list did. Maybe this is
unnecessary. I'll see if anything breaks if I remove it.
On 10/31/2013 05:47 AM, Adam Butcher wrote:
+ become_template = true;
+ push_deferring_access_checks (dk_deferred);
Why is this call here? I don't see anything in the rest of the
function that would trigger an access check, or a matching pop.
I think it (or at least one of the assignments) is necessary. It is
derived from some similar code in tsubst. I'll have another look into
it and add TREE_TYPE (TEMPLATE_TYPE_DECL (t)) = t also. What problem
will be caused by not setting the latter; is it a consistency issue? I
have not seen any probs in testing so far.
+ /* Create a distinct parameter pack type from the current
parm and add it
+ to the replacement args to tsubst below into the generic
+ parameter. */
+ tree t = copy_type (TREE_TYPE (TREE_VALUE (TREE_VEC_ELT
+ TYPE_STUB_DECL (t) = TYPE_NAME (t) = TEMPLATE_TYPE_DECL (t);
Is this changing anything? I'm not sure if we need to copy the decl
or if we can just reuse it, but either way we need to set the type of
TEMPLATE_TYPE_DECL (t) to t.
Only for the sake of not exposing this (currently static) function from
pt.c (or moving the pack convert function into pt.c). My original impl
did extern canonical_type_parameter and use that and I think it worked
as expected. Would that be preferred?
+ SET_TYPE_STRUCTURAL_EQUALITY (t);
TYPE_CANONICAL (t) = canonical_type_parameter (t);