This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] Create gimple-expr..[ch] ... was Re: RFC: gimple.[ch] break apart
- From: Andrew MacLeod <amacleod at redhat dot com>
- To: Basile Starynkevitch <basile at starynkevitch dot net>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>
- Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 08:23:46 -0500
- Subject: Re: [patch] Create gimple-expr..[ch] ... was Re: RFC: gimple.[ch] break apart
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5271CBF9 dot 2070005 at redhat dot com> <52791C46 dot 6090909 at redhat dot com> <20131107103646 dot GA26387 at ours dot starynkevitch dot net>
On 11/07/2013 05:36 AM, Basile Starynkevitch wrote:
Assuming we put this into stage 1 next year, I would imagine we'd
rename a number of things, including .cc, drop the tree-* from the
tree-ssa-blah.[c]h files, etc etc. There have been a few things people
have suggested renaming... I think if we do renaming, they ought to be
all at one time to minimize the pain.
On Tue, Nov 05, 2013 at 11:26:46AM -0500, Andrew MacLeod wrote:
I decided to name the new file gimple-expr.[ch] instead of
gimple-decl.... This will eventually split into gimple-type.[ch],
gimple-decl.[ch], and gimple-expr.[ch].
Since we are adding *new* C++ files, can't we please name them *.cc
for the implementation part, so at least create gimple-expr.h and
gimple-expr.cc but not gimple-expr.c, please!
At the moment, the new gimple-* files I'm creating are still C, so they
are .c files...