This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH 0/6] Conversion of gimple types to C++ inheritance (v3)
- From: David Malcolm <dmalcolm at redhat dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, Bernd Schmidt <bernds at codesourcery dot com>, Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Andrew MacLeod <amacleod at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 11:25:31 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/6] Conversion of gimple types to C++ inheritance (v3)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5271CBF9 dot 2070005 at redhat dot com> <1383236801-13234-1-git-send-email-dmalcolm at redhat dot com> <527960A8 dot 7030107 at redhat dot com> <CAFiYyc2okBUaSpm61XkeNv04ps4oofRcqu5G0yFmYhAs6FYzqg at mail dot gmail dot com> <527A21DB dot 301 at codesourcery dot com> <CAFiYyc0aX4a_oO_EPogK3V_4Pyp=Et+q7+jb_wgEbt5s8yfxyA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20131106114253 dot GY27813 at tucnak dot zalov dot cz> <CAFiYyc2umm7jBgD4XjTOw3q_isMHauB5KYnphy9XhyF3+WDEdw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20131106131140 dot GA27813 at tucnak dot zalov dot cz>
On Wed, 2013-11-06 at 14:11 +0100, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 06, 2013 at 02:00:56PM +0100, Richard Biener wrote:
> > Well, what else, besides as_a<> or keeping the current
> > global accessor functions would you propose?
> I'd prefer to keep the current accessors. Whether there is a class
> hierarchy or we keep unions doesn't affect the code too much (unless
> it makes debugging experience harder, as numerous past C++ification changes
> have done :( ).
What specific things have become more difficult to debug due to the
changes you refer to?
I can have a look at improving them by extending gdbhooks.py, if that is