This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH to use -Wno-format during stage1
- From: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Cc: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>, Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>, gcc-patches List <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 13:41:41 +0100
- Subject: Re: PATCH to use -Wno-format during stage1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <52712A20 dot 7040007 at redhat dot com> <CAKOQZ8ysSc0fQtKF3mYpt3s+78NOcq6sEtJGsxKuVZAAhVMxUQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 8:55 PM, Ian Lance Taylor <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 8:47 AM, Jason Merrill <email@example.com> wrote:
>> I find -Wformat warnings about unknown % codes when building with an older
>> GCC to be mildly annoying noise; this patch avoids them by passing
>> -Wno-format during stage 1.
>> Tested x86_64-pc-linux-gnu. Is this OK for trunk? Do you have another
>> theory of how this should work?
> Thank you!
Please make sure the warning is preserved when not bootstrapping,
it's useful to have them in your dev-tree and not notice errors only
during -Werror bootstrap ...