This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [wide-int] Restore VAX build
- From: Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Kenneth Zadeck <zadeck at naturalbridge dot com>
- Cc: Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "mikestump at comcast dot net" <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 20:21:12 +0100
- Subject: Re: [wide-int] Restore VAX build
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <878ux5ixz9 dot fsf at talisman dot default> <12F96E83-1967-48B1-89AA-007C8EC5AA65 at naturalbridge dot com>
On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 2:29 PM, Kenneth Zadeck wrote:
> Vax, seriously??? Are there any left?
Maybe. Maybe not. But there are decent VAX simulators, and Linux,
NetBSD, and OpenBSD have been ported to VAX.
Remember they were still building VAX machines in 2005, when e.g.
Alpha and HP-PA were already effectively dead... :-)