This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] LRA: Fix incorrect register spill/reload
- From: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Robert Suchanek <Robert dot Suchanek at imgtec dot com>, Vladimir Makarov <vmakarov at redhat dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 16:39:37 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] LRA: Fix incorrect register spill/reload
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAGWvny=8tVyA-v_7x3jQ1T_Kf2aPBNCptU9RyMRXFQWYCtUC=A at mail dot gmail dot com> <B5E67142681B53468FAF6B7C313565623D34BE57 at KLMAIL01 dot kl dot imgtec dot org> <527404DC dot 3000109 at redhat dot com>
On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 3:45 PM, Jeff Law <email@example.com> wrote:
> On 10/31/13 14:03, Robert Suchanek wrote:
>> Hi David,
>> No, I do not have read/write SVN access. I know a person who could commit
>> the patch for me, however, if you can commit it, I'd be grateful.
> Note, I didn't see anywhere in this thread an indication this test had been
> through a bootstrap and regression testing. I was running those overnight
> on Robert's behalf and the bootstrap test failed with a comparison failure
> between stage2/toplev.o and stage3/toplev.o
> Vlad, when approving patches, please make sure they've been through the
> usual bootstrap and regression testing procedures. If the contributor
> hasn't done it themselves, you can either do it for them or ask them to do
> I trust y'all will address the problem appropriately.
I bootstrapped on powerpc without problem, but Vlad earlier said that
the code applies to an x86 case.
I have not seen a deluge of complaints about bootstrap being broken.
Do you want me or Vlad to revert the patch? Or you will revert the patch?