This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
symtab_node is now a struct, not a pointer (was Re: [PATCH v2 4/6] Remove symtab_node and const_symtab_node typedefs.)
- From: David Malcolm <dmalcolm at redhat dot com>
- To: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 17:31:34 -0400
- Subject: symtab_node is now a struct, not a pointer (was Re: [PATCH v2 4/6] Remove symtab_node and const_symtab_node typedefs.)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20130820210104 dot GC16244 at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz> <1378755140-5555-1-git-send-email-dmalcolm at redhat dot com> <1378755140-5555-5-git-send-email-dmalcolm at redhat dot com> <20130910133743 dot GF25658 at kam dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
On Tue, 2013-09-10 at 15:37 +0200, Jan Hubicka wrote:
> > gcc/
> > * ipa-ref.h (symtab_node): Remove typedef to pointer type, as it
> > clashes with the preferred name for the base class.
> > (const_symtab_node): Remove redundant typedef.
> This is OK, too.
> Actually it is not only clash - it was really inconsistent to write
> symtab_node node;
> struct cgraph_node *cnode;
> It is good this inconsistency is gone.
I've (finally) committed this to trunk (as r204278), followed by the
automated renaming patch (as r204279), having rechecked the bootstrap
and regrtest on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu (RHEL 6.4, in fact).
So (at long last), the base class is symtab_node, with cgraph_node and
varpool_node as C++ subclasses, and the "pointerness" of these types is
consistent (i.e. none of them are pointers).