This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: patch to improve register preferencing in IRA and to *remove regmove* pass
- From: Vladimir Makarov <vmakarov at redhat dot com>
- To: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Pat Haugen <pthaugen at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 23:15:56 -0400
- Subject: Re: patch to improve register preferencing in IRA and to *remove regmove* pass
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAGWvnykVV84rwj=dGg3oJ6kSYFej0r03ZLqnUazVxVu_m1LAvQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 10/30/2013, 7:40 PM, David Edelsohn wrote:
Where was this patch bootstrapped? This appears to have broken
bootstrap on PowerPC (Linux and AIX)
/nasfarm/edelsohn/src/src/libgcc/libgcov.c: In function 'gcov_exit':
/nasfarm/edelsohn/src/src/libgcc/libgcov.c:827:1: internal compiler error: in up
date_costs_from_allocno, at ira-color.c:1334
Sorry for inconvenience, David.
I've tested it thoroughly on x86/x86-64 and ppc a few days ago but it
looks like I used LRA. PPC was not so interested for me as this patch
affects mostly two-op insn architectures. The problem is specific only
for reload and occurs when we reassign pseudo from the reload pass.
I've just committed the patch fixing this.