This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Vectorizing abs(char/short/int) on x86.
- From: Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>
- To: Cong Hou <congh at google dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 18:22:26 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Vectorizing abs(char/short/int) on x86.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAFULd4Z0XuPm9Js00xp-9p2+0RFZDrs0hEmJNckDvOgOQrrtGA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAK=A3=3x_BOkyUvRuimD-3r1cpbG82x+NP15OptR-BetBB_mjg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAFULd4YKqqrZ8nvid2Vy+6nBjDZixF59DdMmcyw0Rx9bORNh-Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAK=A3=3YJnZTVnxQPiMv10n=8-CWQe9H+Bh+H_ChKOedZhoFpA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 6:01 PM, Cong Hou <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I found my problem: I put DONE outside of if not inside. You are
> right. I have updated my patch.
OK, great that we put things in order ;)
Does this patch need some extra middle-end functionality? I was not
able to vectorize char and short part of your patch.
Regarding the testcase - please put it to gcc.target/i386/ directory.
There is nothing generic in the test, as confirmed by target-dependent
scan test. You will find plenty of examples in the mentioned
directory. I'd suggest to split the testcase in three files, and to
simplify it to something like the testcase with global variables I
Modulo testcase, the patch is OK otherwise, but middle-end parts
should be committed first.