This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] reimplement -fstrict-volatile-bitfields v4, part 1/2
- From: Sandra Loosemore <sandra at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Bernd Edlinger <bernd dot edlinger at hotmail dot de>
- Cc: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 08:41:15 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] reimplement -fstrict-volatile-bitfields v4, part 1/2
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <52463CA4 dot 7060303 at codesourcery dot com> <CAFiYyc1z=BVSME0317W7HVr9HAvZ0PvKsdT9Yx-vsmNgEjE52g at mail dot gmail dot com> <526161EC dot 5070200 at codesourcery dot com> <325c359b-22e1-43dc-8050-5a11deb66e95 at email dot android dot com>,<52649035 dot 6000802 at codesourcery dot com> <DUB122-W9C01556B8690D446546A6E4080 at phx dot gbl>,<526F2B94 dot 8020907 at codesourcery dot com> <DUB122-W1396BF39760E97A090742BE4090 at phx dot gbl>
On 10/29/2013 02:51 AM, Bernd Edlinger wrote:
On Mon, 28 Oct 2013 21:29:24, Sandra Loosemore wrote:
I again tried backporting the patch series along with your fix to GCC
4.8 and tested on arm-none-eabi. I found that it was still getting
stuck in infinite recursion unless the test from this patch hunk
Actually I used your path on a clean 4.8.2 and built for --target=arm-eabi.
I have seen the recursion on the extract_bit_field, but not on store_bit_field
so far, maybe you could give me a hint which test case exposes the other
flavour of this recursion problem.
Sorry, I was going to describe that in more detail but I forgot. It was
compiling pr56997-1.c with -mthumb, like:
arm-none-eabi-gcc /path/to/gcc/testsuite/gcc.dg/pr56997-1.c -c
Other testing with -mthumb looked fine.
Either way, still needs more work, and more thorough testing (more
targets, and obviously trunk as well as the 4.8 backport) before I'd
consider this ready to commit. I might or might not be able to find
some more time to work on this in the next week....
And it would be good to reach Richard's Nov-21 deadline for GCC-4.9
Yeah, I know the clock is ticking. :-(