This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Do not append " *INTERNAL* " to the decl name
- From: Dehao Chen <dehao at google dot com>
- To: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>, mark at codesourcery dot com, nathan at codesourcery dot com
- Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 15:12:04 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Do not append " *INTERNAL* " to the decl name
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAO2gOZV=qW=PeEZjp37NFVHMAMwbXaCX-58Oyj=SH0B6+3izmQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAO2gOZWYQyHhtMUKvm6=ZWgngmfpGzK9Rz-NfevGiT9VfpcR8A at mail dot gmail dot com> <52583B76 dot 5010905 at redhat dot com> <CAO2gOZWEOH5rBm9qQi35G6mXXMyXFmSps-Wmt6MzczQYWQ5Y_w at mail dot gmail dot com> <52617266 dot 7000708 at redhat dot com> <CAO2gOZWLG_jiY3e4x-nd6TwN1i7tm46kNGiJwOxYVrp_cOaXPg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 11:06 AM, Dehao Chen <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 10:39 AM, Jason Merrill <email@example.com> wrote:
>> On 10/11/2013 01:59 PM, Dehao Chen wrote:
>>> It's hard to get a testcase without
>>> http://gcc.gnu.org/viewcvs/gcc?view=revision&revision=201856 because
>>> none of these *INTERNAL* symbols will be emitted in debug info.
>> Why does that change cause one of these symbols to be emitted? As Cary
>> says, that was done as an assertion. If you're invalidating the assertion,
>> I need more explanation as to why.
> Sorry, pointed to the incorrect patch, it should be
> These symbols will not be emitted in the symbol table in assembly, but
> they will be emitted in the debug_info after
> http://gcc.gnu.org/viewcvs/gcc?view=revision&revision=201858, which
> emits function's linkage name in debug_info even when it's abstract.
> The *INTERNAL* assertion I removed is an over-assertion that not only
> assert for symbol table, but also for debug info.