This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Using gen_int_mode instead of GEN_INT minor testsuite fallout on MIPS
- From: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- To: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 13:16:53 -0700
- Subject: Re: Using gen_int_mode instead of GEN_INT minor testsuite fallout on MIPS
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAFiYyc3o+GLpPnNb=E1ru9rOJxuVkxBMsMEeE99wRm8SRWrmCg at mail dot gmail dot com> <1378833157-11511-1-git-send-email-james dot greenhalgh at arm dot com> <87y574mr2h dot fsf at talisman dot default> <1378900963 dot 71148 dot YahooMailNeo at web87402 dot mail dot ir2 dot yahoo dot com> <87y573kxse dot fsf at talisman dot default> <CAFiYyc1aR91hKgkGMbLfVtH0vmXOBPruaiPRqQ5-FCA5gTDMWg at mail dot gmail dot com> <87ppseko71 dot fsf at talisman dot default> <CAFiYyc36vmFX0HneNXQFcBT5ajGZ2fapVCX08DBR-x+LY7h1mQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <87d2odkuu7 dot fsf at talisman dot default> <0F11E779-5DA9-43E6-A12F-64A66B147AF7 at comcast dot net> <CAFiYyc0r-5_u+f0HKRNZpRH8NBZKcrV=F+TFMYX7mb0yQbEMMA at mail dot gmail dot com> <792D0DC7-4751-438F-A40A-94168CBA7F9E at comcast dot net> <201309170341 dot r8H3fnTD032129 at greed dot delorie dot com> <FC31B5DC-CF0F-4D5A-B2A7-63E4B7ACD0F6 at comcast dot net> <87txhjic2a dot fsf at talisman dot default> <CAFiYyc36CMo80-v_zsK1f2DgkpNEj-jfwdVT9MkMM9qZs6myZA at mail dot gmail dot com> <74570B57-AF73-4FD8-B5D1-A970A02AA22B at comcast dot net>
On Oct 18, 2013, at 10:03 AM, Mike Stump <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Oct 18, 2013, at 4:24 AM, Richard Biener <email@example.com> wrote:
>> I agree. Btw, the "implementation defined" precision of PDI on SH-5 definitely
>> looks interesting, but I wonder how you can perform "implementation defined"
>> arithmetic on that PDI mode then ;)
> Easy, perform it in the maximal size supported…
>> What else blocks this patch?
> Nothing. We have heard from everyone, and all the issues found by testing were on msp, and those were exclusively due to port issues that I believe now have been resolved. The below patch has the change to 22 bits for PSI on SH.
Description: Text document