This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[PING] [PATCH, ARM] Fix line number data for PIC register setup code
- From: Tom de Vries <Tom_deVries at mentor dot com>
- To: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Ulrich Weigand <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 12:29:43 +0100
- Subject: [PING] [PATCH, ARM] Fix line number data for PIC register setup code
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <525B1BDD dot 2000306 at mentor dot com> <525B96A3 dot 3010408 at mentor dot com>
Original submission at http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2013-10/msg00903.html .
This patch fixes a regression of 174 tests in the gdb testsuite for
arm-linux-gnueabi with -fPIC (or arm-linux-androideabi) caused by the fix for
The fix for PR47028 made sure that insertions on the single edge from
ENTRY_BLOCK_PTR to the entry bb are committed after the parameters are available.
However, the fix had as side-effect that the insertions could be committed both
before and after NOTE_INSN_FUNCTION_BEG. Before the fix, the insertions were
always committed before NOTE_INSN_FUNCTION_BEG.
NOTE_INSN_FUNCTION_BEG has significance with respect to line number info, and
insertions after the note caused wrong .loc info to be generated in the assembly
in some cases, which caused the gdb test failures.
This patch makes sure the insertions are committed before NOTE_INSN_FUNCTION_BEG.