This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Minor mudflap fallout
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>
- To: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- Cc: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 11:29:24 -0700
- Subject: Re: Minor mudflap fallout
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <526B9876 dot 8060704 at redhat dot com> <alpine dot BSF dot 2 dot 02 dot 1310260939200 dot 31187 at arjuna dot pair dot com>
On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 6:45 AM, Hans-Peter Nilsson <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Oct 2013, Jeff Law wrote:
>> It appears that mudflap creeped into one additional file (targhooks) between
>> the time I bootstrapped the final change and committed the change. This also
>> elimiantes PRED_MUDFLAP which I missed the first time around.
>> Given this is currently breaking boostrap, I'm checking it in proactively, but
>> will allow my bootstrap and regression test to continue overnight.
> Yeah, cris-elf is broken too. I use PRED_MUDFLAP in
> cris_emit_trap_for_misalignment, which should explain its use.
> Is there a replacement?
I think you could use PRED_NORETURN which should be a reasonable replacement.
> -/* Branches to a mudflap bounds check are extremely unlikely.
> brgds, H-P