This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
wwwdocs: Broken links due to the preprocess script (was: Re: [wwwdocs, patch] gcc-4.9/changes.html: Add quip about "#pragma GCC ivdep" and update Fortran section)
- From: Tobias Burnus <burnus at net-b dot de>
- To: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 22:32:31 +0200
- Subject: wwwdocs: Broken links due to the preprocess script (was: Re: [wwwdocs, patch] gcc-4.9/changes.html: Add quip about "#pragma GCC ivdep" and update Fortran section)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <526978A3 dot 30708 at net-b dot de> <alpine dot LNX dot 2 dot 00 dot 1310250003290 dot 1804 at trevally dot site> <526A0AF3 dot 1030607 at net-b dot de>
Tobias Burnus wrote:
Thanks for looking at the patch. However, the patch has a link
problem. The documentation is at
That's also the link I use in the changes.html file. However, some
script changes the link to:
which won't work. Try yourself at http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.9/changes.html
Actually, a similar issue was reported at
The reason for the broken links are the following lines in the
Gerald, do you still know why you added it 9 years ago? The commit
comment is "Use sed to work around makeinfo 4.7 brokenness."
I think "makeinfo" is still broken, but those pages do not seem to go
through the preprocess script, which means that only links to that page
will change to a hyphen, breaking the links.
Do you think it would be sensible to remove those lines again - or,
alternatively, to run a similar script (e.g. "perl -i -e 's/_002d/-/g'
`find onlinedocs -name \*.html`) on the onlinedocs/.
I think the impact of the the former on links is smaller. (One still
needs to re-run the script on those files to restore the links.)