This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Aliasing: look through pointer's def stmt
- From: Marc Glisse <marc dot glisse at inria dot fr>
- To: Tobias Burnus <burnus at net-b dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 14:13:57 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: Aliasing: look through pointer's def stmt
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 02 dot 1310250707430 dot 14734 at stedding dot saclay dot inria dot fr> <526A54D6 dot 6040002 at net-b dot de>
On Fri, 25 Oct 2013, Tobias Burnus wrote:
Marc Glisse wrote:
I noticed that in some cases we were failing to find aliasing
information because we were only looking at an SSA_NAME variable,
missing the fact that it was really an ADDR_EXPR. The attached patch
passes bootstrap+testsuite, does it make sense? (I am a bit afraid of
losing some type information for instance)
I didn't investigate the 2 tests where I had to remove dg-bogus, because
removing dg-bogus sounds like a bonus...
I wonder why you are seeing failures with those test cases. I tired your
patch (w/o modifying the test cases) and they passed.
The idea of those test cases is to ensure that there is no output like
"note: loop versioned for vectorization because of possible aliasing"
Because that output would be a hint that "#pragma GCC ivdep" doesn't work.
What kind of output do you see? Seemingly not the one above as you kept the
<beats self on the head>
My source directory includes the word "alias" in it. So I'll leave those 2
dg-bogus alone, but please tighten the regexp a bit, include at least a
space or something...