This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: C++ PATCH to resolve LWG issue 1265
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- Cc: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches List <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, libstdc++ <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 12:45:31 +0200
- Subject: Re: C++ PATCH to resolve LWG issue 1265
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <52682073 dot 8030503 at redhat dot com> <526A4A7E dot 2050406 at oracle dot com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 12:39:58PM +0200, Paolo Carlini wrote:
> On 10/23/2013 09:16 PM, Jason Merrill wrote:
> >The second hunk adds %X for printing an exception-specification in
> In my experience these convenience %? that we have got easily
> trigger warnings during bootstrap/build, eg:
> /scratch/Gcc/svn-dirs/trunk/gcc/cp/error.c:3302:53: warning: unknown
> conversion type character âRâ in format [-Wformat]
> /scratch/Gcc/svn-dirs/trunk/gcc/cp/error.c:3302:53: warning: too
> many arguments for format [-Wformat-extra-args]
> I suppose we could do something about that...
That is because if you are starting bootstrap with an older compiler
that doesn't grok these, you get warnings during stage1, but those
should be ignored. When you start bootstrapping with gcc 4.9
or in stage2 and later, they won't show up.
That said, we probably need to teach new version of gettext about those.