This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] RFA: Remove mudflap
- From: Marek Polacek <polacek at redhat dot com>
- To: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>, Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, Andrew MacLeod <amacleod at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 23:53:47 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] RFA: Remove mudflap
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <52691B58 dot 30304 at redhat dot com> <CAFiYyc2bEbb4y17Di5x6eRMbaCbz-u-qO22xUw+Zj55xUnBdhw at mail dot gmail dot com> <526922ED dot 7050707 at redhat dot com> <CAFiYyc1Dwdg1cDkHPC+NnMGViynhYfSPXsGh_rDEhSd8MJCsxA at mail dot gmail dot com> <52698475 dot 5040407 at redhat dot com> <CABu31nMENm2AJpih-1cHJt2wJe_W=JwY+WKBxqmHVnRFPrx1xQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <52698FA2 dot 6050205 at redhat dot com>
On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 03:22:42PM -0600, Jeff Law wrote:
> On 10/24/13 14:56, Steven Bosscher wrote:
> >>Bootstrapped and regression tested on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu. Obviously
> >>the mudflap specific tests were deleted and not run and were manually
> >>ignored when comparing testsuite runs.
> >>OK for the trunk?
> >The flags in c.opt should be retained as NOPs. Or maybe even with a
> >sorry() that mudflap is gone.
> Seems reasonable (dummy option, possibly a sorry--deprecated message.
> Is there an example NOP option in a .opt file I could crib
> somewhere? The .opt files are a complete and utter mystery to me :-)
C ObjC C++ ObjC++ Ignore Warn(switch %qs is no longer supported)
Note, there are also fmudflapth and fmudflapir options that will need
the same treatment.