This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] PR 58542: const_int vs lost modes
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 13:19:03 +0200
- Subject: Re: [RFC] PR 58542: const_int vs lost modes
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <52686543 dot 1000506 at redhat dot com> <2249166 dot AW8VGR967l at polaris>
> That's a fairly dangerous hack in my opinion, in particular this breaks the
> uniqueness of representation of -1 as constm1_rtx. Can't we find a really
> contained hack instead, especially if we want to backport it to 4.8?
In particular, can't Uros' patch be considered as such here? Frankly, the
choice of 'true' vs 'false' for create_convert_operand_to in optabs isn't