This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, PR 57748] Check for out of bounds access, Part 2
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: Bernd Edlinger <bernd dot edlinger at hotmail dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Martin Jambor <mjambor at suse dot cz>, Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 12:01:44 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, PR 57748] Check for out of bounds access, Part 2
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20130910193228 dot GE6732 at virgil dot suse> <3910341 dot 1yrhooXIjO at polaris> <DUB122-W52BDC11F23A891D108324FE40C0 at phx dot gbl>
> Because of the ABI-change?
While concerns about accidental ABI changes are real, they shouldn't be
overstated either. We have been saying for longer than a decade that the
back-ends must not use the type mode to implement calling conventions and
other external interfaces.