This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: [PATCH, PR 57748] Check for out of bounds access, Part 2
- From: Bernd Edlinger <bernd dot edlinger at hotmail dot de>
- To: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Martin Jambor <mjambor at suse dot cz>, Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 11:50:26 +0200
- Subject: RE: [PATCH, PR 57748] Check for out of bounds access, Part 2
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20130910193228 dot GE6732 at virgil dot suse> <20131023171106 dot GC22314 at virgil dot suse> <DUB122-W18EE8845FD49B5DF19B227E40C0 at phx dot gbl>,<3910341 dot 1yrhooXIjO at polaris>
>> I think that is common practice to write array; at the end of the
>> structure, and use it as a flexible array. The compute_record_mode has no
>> way to decide if that is going to be a flexible array or not.
>> Sorry Eric, but now I have no other choice than to go back to my previous
>> version of part 2:
> Why? Just set BLKmode in this case as well.
Because of the ABI-change?
> Eric Botcazou