This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] PR 58542: const_int vs lost modes
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 10:43:37 +0200
- Subject: Re: [RFC] PR 58542: const_int vs lost modes
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <52686543 dot 1000506 at redhat dot com>
> The most isolated patch I can come up with, especially since we ought to
> fix this in 4.8 branch as well, is to only allow expansion of wide int
> modes to const_int when they're positive.
That's a fairly dangerous hack in my opinion, in particular this breaks the
uniqueness of representation of -1 as constm1_rtx. Can't we find a really
contained hack instead, especially if we want to backport it to 4.8?