This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, PR58805] Add missing check in stmt_local_def for tail-merge
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Tom de Vries <Tom_deVries at mentor dot com>
- Cc: Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 13:55:43 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, PR58805] Add missing check in stmt_local_def for tail-merge
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <52664C2B dot 60400 at mentor dot com> <5266C8F2 dot 9020701 at redhat dot com> <5267F304 dot 2040007 at mentor dot com>
On 10/23/13 10:02, Tom de Vries wrote:
On 22/10/13 20:50, Jeff Law wrote:
On 10/22/13 03:58, Tom de Vries wrote:
This patch adds a missing check for gimple_vdef in stmt_local_def for the
Bootstrapped and reg-tested on x86_64.
OK for trunk, gcc-4_8-branch?
2013-10-22 Tom de Vries <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* tree-ssa-tail-merge.c (stmt_local_def): Add gimple_vdef check.
* gcc.dg/pr58805.c: New test.
Doesn't this test belong in an architecture specific directory?
The test-case has i386 assembly inside the asm string, but since the test-case
only compiles, the assembly string is never used. I've made the string empty to
make that clear.
AFAIU the only requirement for this test-case is that the constraint matches the
operand. I'm not sure whether 'unsigned long' always matches 'r'. I've changed
this into 'void *' and 'p', which I think should always be true.
Committed as below.
Excellent. Thanks again.