This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, PR 57748] Check for out of bounds access, Part 2
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: Martin Jambor <mjambor at suse dot cz>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, Bernd Edlinger <bernd dot edlinger at hotmail dot de>
- Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 19:43:47 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, PR 57748] Check for out of bounds access, Part 2
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20130910193228 dot GE6732 at virgil dot suse> <CAFiYyc1oKVqEO-xTJ8k9FKWVw_EW2w7Wk=KwdFJr7o1WTESCGg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20131023171106 dot GC22314 at virgil dot suse>
> While I was willing to discount the zero sized array as an
> insufficiently specified oddity, this seems to be much more serious
> and potentially common. It seems we really need to be able to detect
> these out-of-bounds situations and tell lower levels of expander that
> "whatever mode you think you are expanding, it is actually BLK mode."
Please let's not enter this hazardous business. We just need to draw a line
somewhere and clearly state what we support in terms of out-of-bounds access.