This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] By default if-convert only basic blocks that will be vectorized (take 3)
- From: Sergey Ostanevich <sergos dot gnu at gmail dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 17:16:29 +0400
- Subject: Re: [RFC] By default if-convert only basic blocks that will be vectorized (take 3)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131015123225 dot GO30970 at tucnak dot zalov dot cz> <20131017165556 dot GI30970 at tucnak dot zalov dot cz> <CAGYS_TLmaUXpnEh9oZ8uyX-NT-niFFnQDA=T=zpYXSR9W8CgEg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20131022105614 dot GK30970 at tucnak dot zalov dot cz> <CAGYS_TLTdBm6d-iL=-Nex4SrPTni6Q6Z+MDuS7fjnCKiUM4=7A at mail dot gmail dot com>
ouch.. html got me!
applying to the same as before
Author: rguenth <rguenth@138bc75d-0d04-0410-961f-82ee72b054a4>
Date: Fri Oct 18 08:36:28 2013 +0000
trying '06 build.
for take 2 on HSW there were mixed results for passed tests:
On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 5:12 PM, Sergey Ostanevich <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> applying to the same as before
> commit 0e3dfadd374c3045a926afa6d06af276cee2108d
> Author: rguenth <rguenth@138bc75d-0d04-0410-961f-82ee72b054a4>
> Date: Fri Oct 18 08:36:28 2013 +0000
> trying '06 build.
> for take 2 on HSW there were mixed results for passed tests:
> 400.perlbench +0.25%
> 401.bzip2 -0.40%
> 429.mcf -1.67%
> 456.hmmer +0%
> 458.sjeng -1.65%
> 471.omnetpp -1.72%
> 483.xalancbmk -0.25%
> 410.bwaves +0%
> 433.milc -0.28%
> 444.namd -1.13%
> 450.soplex -1.01%
> 459.GemsFDTD -0.25%
> 470.lbm +1.44%
> 482.sphinx3 +0.61%
> On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 2:56 PM, Jakub Jelinek <email@example.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 05:45:15PM +0400, Sergey Ostanevich wrote:
>> > failed on 403 of '06:
>> > regclass.c: In function 'init_reg_sets':
>> > regclass.c:277:1: internal compiler error: tree check: expected
>> > ssa_name, have var_decl in copy_ssa_name_fn, at tree-ssanames.c:393
>> > init_reg_sets ()
>> > ^
>> That is because for -ftree-loop-if-convert-stores or masked loads/stores
>> we need TODO_update_ssa_only_virtuals and loop versioning relies on no
>> SSA updates being needed in the loop being versioned.
>> Attached is updated patchset (the fix is in the second patch, the third
>> one needed adjusting because of the fix and also apparently Andrew's
>> header reshuffling requires now additional include in the third patch).
>> Will bootstrap/regtest this after my current bootstrap/regtest finishes.