This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++14] implement [[deprecated]].
- From: Iain Sandoe <iain at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Ed Smith-Rowland <3dw4rd at verizon dot net>, Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 14:07:44 +0100
- Subject: Re: [C++14] implement [[deprecated]].
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <52666F68 dot 5080405 at verizon dot net> <52667177 dot 5080201 at oracle dot com> <526675C1 dot 6030107 at verizon dot net>
Hi Ed, Paolo,
On 22 Oct 2013, at 13:55, Ed Smith-Rowland wrote:
> On 10/22/2013 08:37 AM, Paolo Carlini wrote:
>> On 10/22/2013 02:28 PM, Ed Smith-Rowland wrote:
>>> I think this is pretty easy - gnu::deprecated has the same semantics.
>> Unfortunately however, gnu::deprecated has a number of long standing issues (just search Bugzilla), personally I'm not sure we want to say everybody that we have got [[deprecated]] implemented, until those are solved. Just my personal opinion.
> I'll check bugzilla. We'll hold…
Is PR17729 still the most significant? (there are related test-suite ones).
unfortunately, I still don't have time to address this - but perhaps someone could update the attempt I made before?
It would be nice to fix it and to add the associated "unavailable" error attribute ...