This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch] Fix gcc.dg/20050922-*.c
- From: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- To: Vidya Praveen <vidyapraveen at arm dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, rearnsha at arm dot com, marcus dot shawcroft at arm dot com, janisjo at codesourcery dot com
- Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 10:40:28 -0700
- Subject: Re: [Patch] Fix gcc.dg/20050922-*.c
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131021102832 dot GB3343 at e103625-lin dot cambridge dot arm dot com>
On Oct 21, 2013, at 3:28 AM, Vidya Praveen <email@example.com> wrote:
> Tests gcc.dg/20050922-1.c and gcc.dg/20050922-2.c includes stdlib.h. This can
> be a issue especially since they define uint32_t.
> OK for 4.7, 4.8?
For release branches, you'd need to transition from the theoretical to the practical. On which systems (software) does it fail? If none, then no, a back port isn't necessary. If it fails on a system (or software) on which real users use, then I'll approve it once you name the system (software) and let it bake on trunk for a week and see if anyone objects…