This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Re-factor inclusion of tree.h
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>, Andrew Macleod <amacleod at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 10:57:54 -0600
- Subject: Re: Re-factor inclusion of tree.h
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131021165218 dot GA18836 at google dot com>
On 10/21/13 10:52, Diego Novillo wrote:
This moves tree.h out of every header. This exposes dependencies of
tree.h in files that should probably not need it after tree and gimple
After this change, no header should include tree.h directly. It should
only be included by a .c file. Unfortunately, I did not find an
automatic way of forcing this.
Tested on x86_64 with all languages enabled and using
Andrew, I think that some of the inclusions of tree-core.h can
actually go away. Last time we chatted about this, I think we
decided that including tree-core.h from a header file is OK. Not
sure if that's still the case.
I plan to commit this by tomorrow, unless there are objections.
I can't think of a good reason to even bother waiting :-)